Sunday 28 May 2017

Pickett Hill - The Arts and Crafts

Good morning everyone,

How are you? Hope you all had a great weekend. Busy like always and the more we get closer to the move of my dolls houses in there in home the more tiring and slow it gets. For the time being I am boxing up all my dolls house accessories and furniture that I have never used for my dolls house project.  It is unbelievable that the final details are the most crucial. I am so looking forward to summer and I am hoping that we will soon settle this for a well deserved break. Before I start I wanted to welcome two new followers of my Blog; Val and Polyakova. Welcome!

I have been really thinking about a new project and like I said before it is just not wise to start if at this stage. Very tempted to start another project in Regent Street but I know for a fact that I won't be giving my 100% to it. So I put my foot down and decided to just work on  the materials for the project and in the mean time I might work on a room box. Thinking about it, I might as well continue on my 1:48th Scale dolls hose Pickett Hill. I never work full time on that scale but in moments like this it does fill in the pleasure of the hobby.

The Arts and Crafts furniture

At the moment I am just enjoying building the furniture kits. I am truly amazed with the detail of the Arts and Crafts room furniture and it's accessories just thinking how tiny these are.


I started of with the Artist's Storage Cabinet which will be covering the back wall of the room. It is such a sweet detailed piece of furniture and it also has the smallest sewing machine.

The Artist's Storage Cabinet


The 1:48 Scale sewing machine
From all the pieces that I have made for this house, I have to admit I loved building the Artist's Worktable and Art Supplies. It was the most detailed and complex piece that I have made so far. All the paint brushes are made by me using polymer clay. The little paints and accessories are just pretty amazing. I enjoyed every bit of it and for the final result.....well you can see it for yourself.

Paint brushed made with polymer clay


artist's Work table & art supplies







With the Artist's Work table I have also made the Artist's Easel & stool. Another detail piece that fits so well with the table. I have also made the paint brushes myself with polymer clay,.

Artist's Easel & Stool



I also made two more pieces which most probably will be fitting in the entrance hall of the Pickett Hall house.  The cute Apothecary Chest and the Reading Nook.

The Reading Nook

Apothecary Chest.


Here are some more pictures.



I am really hoping that I will start working on the house in the next couple of days. Hope you liked what I have done so far. Keep tuned for more updates on this house,

Take Care and See you soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

4 comments:

  1. Increíble tu dominio de la escala 1:48, felicidades! Los muebles no solo son perfectos sino que resultan creíble y encantadores. Deseando ver más! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus amables palabras. Estoy muy contento de que te gusten xxx

      Delete
  2. Me gusta mucho esa escala y todas las piezas que has hecho son perfectas,estoy encantada de poder seguirte en la construcción de tu nueva casa!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus encantadores comentarios. Realmente lo aprecio. Abrazos xxx

      Delete